Here is an example of a "Sunday Funday" workout that I did with my crew.
Perform 2 circuits. Set an interval timer for 35 seconds of movement with 5 seconds between to transition.
- Step back twist and reach
- On floor knees side to side
Fireground Interval CircuitAfter completing the 2 active warm-up circuits perform the below exercises in a circuit 4 times.
I like to set the interval timer for 35 seconds of work with 25 seconds of rest. If you are just beginning intervals you may want to set the timer for 30 seconds of work with 30 seconds of rest.
- Aerodyne (if you don't have an aerodyne you can use row machine or battling hoselines)
- Weighted Jump Rope
- Stair Crawling (bear crawl up the stairs then run back down)
- Sledges on a tire (overhead and side sledges)
- Core Exercise (plank, bird-dog)
- Mountain Climbers (or burpees)
Perform this circuit 4x for a total of 24 minutes.
Total workout time with the active warm-up is approximately 33 minutes.
Feel free to interchange the circuits with your favorite active warm-up or fireground exercises (please let me know if you do).
Stay safe and healthy,